Friday, May 19, 2023

Our Secret Garden ("Blueming" Adaption)

 

When I texted you, "Hey,"

I really meant, "Text me more, I miss you."

In each picture I send and every text I type,

My feelings are displayed a little more in some subtle way. I wonder if you notice.


"No, I'm not busy, there's nothing going on in my life."

"I'm not asleep, my insomnia has been acting up."

I cancel my plans and stay up late just for you.

I'm thinking about you, too.


Our messages are in bloom, sprouting faster than your typical seedlings.

I'm making lush red roses blossom with my thumbs.

I think I'm getting high off the scent of those flowers, they smell so strongly of love.

It's our own secret garden.


I feel like my heart is in bloom.

I'm sending you one more message, one more flower.


Updating you about every little thing I do

The subject of this interesting piece of work, that's you.

Maybe this is the climax of the relationship, although that would be sad since it hasn't really started.

Before we forget about each other over the summer, this is good timing.


I know you feel the same as me, please realize I like you, too.

Don't be so careful with your words, just reply with what you want to say.

I wish I could see your face when I send

My stupid jokes and compliments.


Our bubbles are red and blue,

I'm making word balloons with my thumbs; they fill up the sky.

I feel like I'm going to pop into a million pieces.

My breath is quickening, I'm getting dizzy with all this not knowing.


I feel blue.

I'm filling another balloon with our special helium and freeing it into the sky.


I'lltextyouwithoutanyspacesIthinkthisislove.

A thousand roses, make them bloom with me please.

Let's color the flowers however we want

So it's beautiful even when they're long since dead.


Please let us bloom.

I'm sending you another flower now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Secret Garden ("Blueming" Adaption)

  When I texted you, "Hey," I really meant, "Text me more, I miss you." In each picture I send and every text I type, My...